Monday, November 10, 2008

Chapter 12 - Ponyboy's Losin' It

The court was just as i had expected it to be Ponyboy got off easy they just asked him how i was as a guardian which he said i was good which was definitely a good thing. He asked everyone else all about the murdering and everything that had happened recently, when i was asked i said "As far as I know what Ponyboy and Johnny did was spur of the moment and in complete self defense." After that the judge asked me if i thought i did a good job in taking care of Soda and Ponyboy i said "I think i do they never really get into trouble just a little while ago and everything i do i do for them." After a few more people than me went he called the case closed and that was it afterwards we went home.

After a few days of being home i began to notice Poyboy had changed, he was doing progressively worse in school and forgetting stuff every where i mean how do you forget your shoes?! Then he told me that he had a term paper to do and even though his work had earned him a failing grade under the circumstances if he did well on this he would let him pass the class with a C. I pestered him to work all the time but he just never got into it then on the night the paper was do Ponyboy spent like 6 hours in his room and afterwards he came out with a little book and told me it was his paper and wanted me to check it over I read it and it was absolutely everything that had happened in the last while and how he felt. It explained a lot about how he had been feeling about everything the last little while and it gave me a whole new understanding of my little brother the next morning i handed the book back to him and said "This will get you that C i can guarantee it Ponyboy."

No comments: